- Project Manager
The Project Manager (PM) role is a mid-level position in construction management.
Ideal candidates will have at least three years of construction management or administrative experience in a commercial construction setting. The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for assisting Superintendents in coordinating the daily activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met.
The PM must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to successfully manage multiple projects, and be a proactive problem solver. A strong work ethic with respect for clients, staff and subcontractors is required as well.
- Experience in the management and coordination of multiple projects and subcontractors/vendors
- Previous experience with construction is a plus.
- Expertise with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MSProject) estimating, Bluebeam and scheduling software
- Experience with Procore or Sage Timberline
- Knowledge of construction means and methods
- Intermediate negotiating skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Review Owner contract and become familiar with terms & conditions.
- Assist with the distribution of short interval and overall project schedules.
- Ensure subcontractors have the most up to date scopes of work. Develop the overall project schedule.
- Work to obtain all necessary permits as needed.
- Ability to review drawings and specifications to become completely familiar with the project and identify long lead times and critical path items.
- Complete sub evaluations/comparisons of bids, scope review, and complete buyout
- Develop project RFI and submittal logs and obtain designer’s approval.
- Manage said logs and ensure all RFI's and submittals are processed promptly.
- Other tasks and deliverables as necessary to support the Operations Team.
Relationship Management: Develop critical relationships.
- Maintain vendor and client relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing the Company’s commitment to continuously addressing their needs and interests.
- Work collaboratively with outside parties (I.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals.
- Demonstrate effective relationship building within the project team and throughout the Company. Keep field team members (i.e. Superintendent) informed and active in decision-making.
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project team at all times.
Pay highly competitive and is commensurate with experience. We also provide a desirable benefits package including a bonus plan, 401K, travel pay, vacation, health benefits, and holiday pay.
About Jewett Construction
Jewett Construction is dedicated to delivering high quality and solid value to our wide-ranging client base. For more than 47 years, we’ve put the needs of our clients first, building our reputation on honesty, accountability, safety and hard work.